POWER PURCHASE AND CDM
An increasingly common option in Spain to reduce the energy price of a gas or electricity consumer is to become a Direct Market Consumer (CDM, Spanish acronym). This option has several advantages for the direct consumer when buying energy:
- Elimination of the commercial margin of the trading company and the national energy efficiency fund.
- Possibility of reducing the cost charged by the seller for shielding from deviations.
- Occasionally, save regulated costs (municipal tax).
- Possibility to arbitrate the price of energy between the daily market and Intra-day markets.
- Own energy purchase strategy.
On the contrary, the disadvantages of becoming a Direct Market Consumer (CDM) in the purchase of energy force a greater dedication to the process of purchasing energy:
- It requires a dedicated control of the deviations in the programming of the consumptions.
- t requires remote measurement of the electricity meters of the supply points (Creara can provide this service at zero cost).
- It requires dedicated management (or hiring an advisor).
- Increased bureaucratic burden (due to the large number of bills received).
Creara performs these consulting tasks in the purchase of energy to reduce the price of electricity, so that you do not have to worry about anything and you are assured a professional and successful management in the purchase of energy. This includes enabling zero cost telemetry at the supply points you require.
Specifically, the services we offer for the Direct Market Consumer (CDM) are:
- Registration process as CDM.
- Advice on the purchase of energy in OMIE and the Intra-day market.
- Estimation of future consumption.
- Back-office tasks (monitoring and updating of guarantees, payment date notifications, payment compliance, monitoring of deviations, review of REE and OMIE bills, etc.).
- Electricity price optimisation: advice on buying energy in Intra-day markets, closing futures positions.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Leave your email here to request information.
GENiO 2.0: ENERGY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
TELEMETRY AND MANAGEMENT