Client: Municipality of La Palma
Year: 2013 - 2015
Place: La Palma, Canary Islands, Spain
Project name: Energy efficiency consultancy for the island of La Palma, Canary Islands
Brief description: The project is part of the energy efficiency strategy of the Island of La Palma, led by the Council of the island and which constitutes an important pillar of the 14 municipalities that make up the island. This commitment began in 2013, with the request for adhesion of La Palma Council and the 14 municipalities to the Covenant of Mayors.
The Council of La Palma trusted Creara to develop the necessary technical assistance in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable mobility. To address this project, Creara had two collaborating companies, the consulting firms Accenture and Steer Davies Gleave. The project had 4 work axes:
- Energy efficiency in the installations dependent on the Administration:
- Energy Efficiency and Distributed Generation in Public Buildings
- Energy efficiency in public lighting and tunnels
- Sustainable Mobility Plan (SMP)
- Renewable energies: study of project development potential (wind, mini-hydraulic, solar photovoltaic, biomass)
- Transversal plan of operations and technology, in search of a greater interaction between citizens and the administration.
Measures implemented: In September 2017 the Municipality of La Palma approved the Energy Efficiency Master Plan, which is partly the result of the work carried out. This plan defines the roadmap and objectives for the coming years.
Results achieved:: achievement and, in some cases, overcoming of objectives 20-20-20 at the level of the Island of La Palma.
Más información: http://www.energia.lapalma.es/